Senior CRM Database Assistant (LICA 5)
Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is recruiting a Senior CRM Database Assistant, carrying an external title of “Assistant Business Intelligence Manager”, to assist in providing key organizational information through the effective implementation of data initiatives of Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP) in UNHCR Hong Kong and Macao SARs.
Requirements and experience:
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary certificate/training in Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or a related field, tertiary qualification is desirable.;
- Minimum 5 years of previous job experience relevant to the function;
- Experience building models in spreadsheets. Comfortable writing formulas and VBA in Excel;
- Experience extracting data for marketing campaigns with a sound knowledge of direct marketing principles and how best to utilise data for optimal campaign outcomes;
- Strong project management skills to deliver multiple projects on time and work autonomously in a high-pressure, deadline driven environment;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to convert a descriptive brief into a business intelligence/analytical solution;
- An advanced understanding of how data is used for communication purposes, the process and the governing regulations / best practice guidelines;
- A high level of experience in moving data between programs, manipulating data and analysing large data sets;
- Hands on experience in querying and extracting data across multiple, disparate and complex relational databases;
- A comprehensive appreciation of data issues and their solutions, particularly de-duplication and the importance of maintaining clean data;
- Sound database knowledge e.g. SQL;
- Intermediate to strong SQL skills;
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to quality check work and review processes;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience working with a relational database, ideally Salesforce or similar platforms is a great advantage;
- Previous employment in non-profit sector or in marketing is desirable;
- Highly motivated, with an ability to complete tasks, and strong attention to detail;
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of key stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and results-oriented with a strong sense of accountability;
- Able to Multi-task;
- Adaptability, flexibility and problem solving skills;
- Team player – open, friendly and approachable.
- Under the supervision of the Assistant PSP Officer (Donor Care), working closely with business stakeholders to provide key organisational information through the effective implementation of data initiatives including data mining, analysis, and business intelligence reporting solutions, as well as by promoting a data aware culture throughout the organisation. To contribute to the evolving data requirements of the organisation by providing analysis, developing models, data mining and developing and maintaining reports to support fundraising requirements;
- BI Analytics, Reporting & Modelling
- Deliver analytics on the business critical objective of understanding how to maximise the value from our financial supporters; inclusive of optimizing the opportunity of moving supporters up the donor pyramid and forecasting potential growth. This will be in the form of data mining, profile analysis, building analytical models and BI report authoring in Power BI or a similar reporting suite;
- Design and implement reporting & business intelligence solutions using a variety of tools including Power BI, or a similar reporting suite;
- Produce reports, analysis and post campaign reports to analyse the results of a campaign;
- Produce regular Key Performance Indicator reports e.g. Return On Investment, National Growth Fund Report (NGF), Quarterly reforecast reports, etc.;
- Build predictive models and segmentation models to answer key business questions and help with Direct Mail targeting;
- Perform data mining to create ad-hoc reports, answer miscellaneous queries or advise on improvements to data quality and structure;
- Create monthly, quarterly and annual fundraising reports and reconcile data with Finance to ensure accuracy;
- Develop strategy for cleaning and enhancement of current data;
- Support global data analysis projects including LTV review, Propensity Modeling, Peer Review, GDII.
- Direct Marketing Extracts
- Address data extract requirements for direct marketing campaigns i.e. telemarketing, direct mail, online and SMS, with a high degree of service; develop and refine data selections, build and check extracts, manipulate data in preparation for bulk communications and update records with contact history;
- Extract data for marketing campaigns applying an understanding of direct marketing principles and how best to utilise data for optimal campaign outcomes;
- Complete the development of segmentation strategies and statistical analysis for all fundraising activities.
- Project & Stakeholder Management
- Work with a range of internal and external stakeholders to satisfy their business intelligence requirements for analysis, report creation, data extracts, data mining and data modelling within a strong project management framework;
- Work closely with the Donor Care team to understand the data behind our key processes and identify and establish improvements in data capture to increase data integrity and improve the consistency in coding structures;
- Collaborate with fundraisers to develop campaigns that target the right donor, at the right time, with the right message based on campaign objectives;
- Present written analysis, reporting, and research findings to fundraisers and management by synthesizing complex data and concepts into easy-to-comprehend and comprehensive presentations to improve fundraising campaigns.
- Other responsibilities
- Develop, enhance and maintain procedure documentation. Continually review procedures to ensure accuracy, validity and maximum efficiency;
- Develop a detailed understanding of core business processes to facilitate information support and business intelligence solutions that serve the fundraising needs;
- Assist with importing and integrating data from various sources, i.e. email, website, external suppliers, to maintain accurate and up to date donor records and procedures;
- Assist in implementation of the office’s Emergency Strategy.
- Undertaking other duties as assigned by her/his supervisor
- 5 working days per week (Monday to Friday), 8-hour working per day
- 30-day Annual Leave per year
- Medical insurance including Dental plan
- 16-week maternity leave / 4-week paternity leave
Closing date: 18 July 2019
Applicants who wish to be considered for this vacancy should send their
- signed Personal History Form (available at <https://www.unhcr.org/hk/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2019/03/Personal_History_Form.zip>),
- motivation letter, and
- CV (no photos)
by email only to [email protected]. Please ensure that they are sent with the titles “your name Personal History Form”, “your name Motivation Letter” and “your name CV”. Please put “UNHCR – Senior CRM Database Assistant (LICA 5)” in the email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for interview and written test.
Functional Title : Senior Communication/PI Assistant
Position No. : 10003807
Contract/Grade : Fixed Term Appointment, G5
Duty Station : Beijing, China
Section/Unit : PI
Entry on Duty : Immediately
Duration : One year (extendable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds)
Application closing date: 09 August 2019
- General Background
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. The agency is mandated to provide protection (including assistance) and seek durable solutions for millions of refugees around the world. In the People’s Republic of China, UNHCR registers and conducts refugee status determination for those seeking asylum, working to help refugees find solutions to their situations. UNHCR is involved with ensuring support for the protection of refugees, and works with Government authorities to build domestic capacity. In addition, it has a specific mandate for the prevention and addressing situations of statelessness.
- Organizational Context
The incumbent will be supervised by the Communication / PI Officer. S/he will have frequent contacts involving the exchange of a wide range of information with colleagues within UNHCR as well as media, international organizations, academic institutions and private individuals.
- Follow-up on Administrative and Logistical arrangements to organise press briefings and other events, such as workshop and conferences.
- Contribute to the production of information material for public awareness campaigns and for the preparation of in-house bulletins, newsletters and information kits by contributing to articles, reports and other information gathered from various sources; liaise with printers concerning brochures and publications published by the office.
- Draft routine correspondence and texts for the office’s website and maintain information databases.
- Compile and distribute a daily news clipping service.
- Distribute press statements and similar information to media, to other offices locally as well as to Headquarters.
- Maintain up-to-date filing system and appointments diary.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Respond to non-complex media queries and incoming correspondence.
- Have access to UNHCR Communication / PI systems.
- Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training in International Relations, Journalism, Political Science or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of previous relevant job experience.
- Communication and computer skills.
- Excellent drafting skills as well as translation and interpreting skills.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- (In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of UN working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.)
- Desirable qualifications and competencies
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of position.
- Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
Applicants who wish to be considered for this vacancy should send their (I) Letter of
Motivation, (ii) CV, and (iii) signed Personal History Form (available at <http://www.unhcr.org/hk/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2017/10/UNHCR_Personal_History_Form_October-2017.zip>) by email to [email protected] with subject “Senior Communication/PI Assistant G5 (Post No. 10003807)” no later than 09 August 2019.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only those short-listed for interviews will be notified and invited for written test and interview.