Support from the private sector injects new and vital energy into finding responses to refugee needs. Some of the world's leading companies are already helping us to maximize our impact and improve our capacity to make a difference by delivering lifesaving assistance and sustainable solutions for millions of families worldwide.
"It is a privilege for us to work with UNHCR’s highly skilled staff. They are as passionate and motivated as we are about making everyday life in and around refugee camps better for the children who live there. IKEA co-workers are equally proud of our partnership and of being part of a company that deeply cares for the welfare of refugee children."
Per Heggenes, CEO of the IKEA Foundation
Collaborating with UNHCR provides businesses with branding, marketing and growth opportunities. Joint initiatives can also instil pride and loyalty among employees, as well as trust and credibility in customers and decision-makers. Benefits include positioning the company as a social actor, building an international profile, understanding new and emerging markets, identifying local and international partners and, in some cases, co-developing new products and solutions.
- We are global: UNHCR is on the ground in more than 125 countries across the world, working in partnership with governments, NGOs, the private sector, community groups, host communities and refugees.
- We get things done: When an emergency strikes, we can mobilize enough supplies and lifesaving support for 50,000 people in 72 hours, with stockpiles of key items available for 550,000 more.
- We make a difference to people's lives: We’re not just there when people are forced to run for their lives – we’re there to help them find home again, whether it be back where they started or in a new place. Over the last 15 years, we have helped over 10 million people find home again.
- We can be trusted: Two-time winners of the Nobel Peace Prize, we have 65 years’ experience of knowing what works in some of the most difficult environments on earth. We know how to make funds and contributions work efficiently and effectively, ensuring that they do the most for people who have lost everything and helping them to start again.
- We have the world on our side: More than 140 countries are party to the 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees, promising to provide safe havens when we ask for them and safe passage for those who need urgent help.
The Global Appeal is an invaluable guide for general readers to UNHCR's worldwide operations.
- Global Appeal 2017 Update
- Global Appeal 2016-2017
- Global Appeal 2015 Update
- Global Appeal 2014-2015
- Global Appeal 2013 Update
- Global Appeal 2012-2013
- Global Appeal 2011 Update
- Global Appeal 2010-2011
- Global Appeal 2009 Update
- Global Appeal 2008-2009
- Global Appeal 2007
- Global Appeal 2006
- Global Appeal 2005
- Global Appeal 2004
- Global Appeal 2003
- Global Appeal 2002
- Global Appeal 2001
- Global Appeal 2000
Contributions to UNHCR for budget 2016: breakdown by country of non-governmental organizations, foundations and private donors
As at 19 September 2016, in US dollars