This document provides guidance on how to access the WASH Report Card within TWINE, and fill in the different fields with the right information, with examples for easy comprehension.
This toilet block management sample community agreement can help define the responsibilities of the different stakeholders in operation and maintenance of WASH facilities from filling up the hand-washing water containers, and keeping the surroundings clean, to providing maintenance.
A sample organigram for running a typical refugee WASH programme for 20,000 people in a post emergency camp based setting. The organigram gives an indication of how the WASH Team should be structured in addition to the tentative number of Coordinators, Team Leaders, Officer, and Assistant level staff that should be recruited.
This is the standard UNHCR well cleaning and chlorination template for refugee settings available in PDF and MSExcel formats. The form should be completed each time a hand dug well is cleaned, chlorinated and tested for faecal coliforms. The form is available in MSExcel format so WASH actors can adapt the content to the context.
This template can be used to help UNHCR and WASH actors establish a simple WASH operational plan (WHO will do WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, and HOW and WHO will PAY and WHO will MONITOR). This template can be used in addition to the site level WASH Strategy Template.
The Sphere Handbook is one of the most widely known and internationally recognized sets of common principles and universal minimum standards for the delivery of quality humanitarian response.
- Tags: Bathing Facilities, Capacity Building, Communal Toilets, Cross Cutting, Disability, Disease Vector Control, Drainage, Environment, Excreta Management, Gender, Gender Based Violence, Grey Water Disposal, Handwashing with Soap, Household Water Treatment, Human Right to Water / Sanitation, Hygiene Promotion, Laundering Facilities, Menstruation Hygiene Management, Piped Water Networks, Protection, Public Health, Solid Waste Management, WASH Assessments, WASH Coordination, WASH Monitoring, WASH Programme Management, Water Quality Testing and Surveillance, Water Safety Plans, and Water Supply. Languages: English. Organisations: SPHERE. Categories: WASH Reference Documents.
These guidelines have been designed to help those involved in the assessment of emergency water sources to collect relevant information in a systematic way, to use this information to select a source or sources and to determine the appropriate level of treatment required to make the water suitable for drinking.
- Tags: Boreholes, Bulk Water Treatment, Drilling, Groundwater, Hand Dug Wells, Handpumps, Household Water Treatment, Piped Water Networks, Rainwater Harvesting, Solar Pumping, Spring Protection, WASH Assessments, WASH Monitoring, WASH Programme Management, Water Prospection and Investigation, Water Pumping, Water Quality Testing and Surveillance, Water Safety Plans, Water Storage, Water Supply, and Water Tankering. Languages: English. Organisations: WEDC. Categories: WASH Emergency Guidelines and WASH Reference Documents.
The book Emergency Sanitation: Assessment and programme design has been produced to assist those involved in planning and implementing emergency sanitation programmes. The main focus of the book is a systematic and structured approach to assessment and programme design. It provides a balance between the hardware (technical) and software (socio-cultural, institutional) aspects of sanitation programmes, and links short-term emergency response to long-term sustainability. The book is relevant to a wide range of emergency situations, including both natural and conflict-induced disasters, and open and closed settings. It is suitable for field technicians, engineers and hygiene promoters, as well as staff at agency headquarters.
- Tags: Communal Toilets, Desludging and Excreta Transportation, Excreta / Urine ReUse, Excreta Composting, Excreta Management, Excreta Treatment, Household Toilets, Sewerage and Excreta Conveyance, WASH Assessments, WASH Monitoring, and WASH Programme Management. Languages: English. Organisations: WEDC. Categories: WASH Emergency Guidelines and WASH Reference Documents.
This document describes UNHCR’s global strategy for public health through a set of guiding principles and strategic approaches including protection; age, gender and diversity; equity; access; sustainability; community empowerment; appropriateness and reliability; partnerships and coordination; capacity building; communication and advocacy; integrated approaches; measurement and monitoring; and innovation. The document describes strategic objectives and enabling actions per sub-sector (Public Health, HIV and Reproductive Health, Food Security and Nutrition, and WASH).
- Tags: Capacity Building, Disease Vector Control, Excreta Management, Gender, Gender Based Violence, Human Right to Water / Sanitation, Hygiene Promotion, Protection, Public Health, Value for Money, WASH Coordination, WASH Monitoring, WASH Strategy Development, and Water Supply. Languages: English. Organisations: UNHCR. Categories: WASH Guidelines, WASH Operational Guidelines, WASH Policy Guidelines, and WASH Reference Documents.
A summary of UNHCR water, excreta management, solid waste management, disease vector control and hygiene promotion standards and indicators for emergency and post emergency refugee settings including means of verification.
- Tags: Bathing Facilities, Disease Vector Control, Drainage, Excreta Management, Handwashing with Soap, Hygiene Promotion, Solid Waste Management, WASH Assessments, WASH Monitoring, WASH Strategy Development, Water Quality Testing and Surveillance, and Water Supply. Languages: English. Organisations: UNHCR. Categories: WASH Indicators and Standards.